Friday, October 30, 2009


I finished this piece last week. I am very frustrated with arrogance in myself and the rest of the world. This piece is kind of an outflow of that frustration. So many people are pompous. After drawing the men and the bull and painting the background I made the black stuff swallow his words and added the (hopefully) Ensoresque figures in the lower left foreground. I have played around with text and image a little over the past year, but I am becoming less enthralled with the mixture, which is why I blacked out the speech bubble. Maybe it is because my profundity is too prosaic or nonexistent (more likely), but images seem harder to trivialize than words, even though they are less useful for mass communication. This is the bane and blessing of art - less to hold but more to remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment